The Sony digital imaging firmware platform is based on CE Linux. Firmware data, when provided via firmware updaters, is encrypted until transferred to the camera. In addition, integrity checks are run on the firmware data package to ensure it has not been modified.
Patching the FirmwareEdit
What You'll NeedEdit
- Firmware Updater (Available at: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl )
- Someone1.00's patcher (Available at: https://rapidshare.com/files/1955270989/FWPatcher.zip ) unavailabla right now
- 7-zip (Open Source Archiver, Free, Available at: http://www.7-zip.org/ )
- Download and unpack the firmware following the firmware unpacking guide .
- Download and extract Someone1.00s patcher.
- Launch the patcher and click "Browse...", navigate to the extracted firmware file and select it and click "Open".
- Click "Go".
- Once the firmware file has been patched, the patcher's screen log will tell you to flash your camera.
- In WIndows Explorer, navigate to the folder where firmware file is located and run "SPUFirmwareUpdater.exe".
- Follow the instructions to flash your camera with the patched firmware.